GAME AND BOARD RULES
-Player,Guild and Shop names that are offensive, racist, politically-oriented,religious in nature, harassing towards anyone (player or otherwise), orreferences to illegal activities, are all strictly forbidden.
-Usingthe names of 4Story staff on a private character is forbidden. Said character will be deleted upon discoverywith no warning.
-Nameswith overly-lengthy or incomprehensible letter configurations are forbidden;this includes shop names. In the case of a shop, theplayer will be temporarily disconnected to flush the name from the system. Ifthe player continues the behavior they will be temporarily banned.
-Shopnames not using English, the official game language, are forbidden.
-Becivil with your fellow players. Insults, threats, and blackmail are allforbidden.
If you feel someone is violating this rule, contact a GM immediately, andattempt to gather evidence of the violation using screenshots or video.
The violation must be clearly visible in the screenshot(s) or video. Modified screenshots are not acceptableevidence.
Notall insults are the same; there is no universal punishment policy for all casesof verbal incivility. Each case is judged separately by the GM Team.
-Attemptingto force, blackmail, or coerce a player into something they are unwilling to dois forbidden and will merit a permanent ban from 4story.uk.
§2a: Real Life Threats
We at 4Story.uk take threatsagainst a person's safety very seriously. Threatening another player, a 4StoryTeam Member, a GameForge official or anyone else while under our purview is notonly strictly forbidden but illegal. Threats issued while under the ToS of4Story.uk will result in a systemwide ban across all 4Story and GameForge 4Dproperties. Depending on the assessed risk, this may also lead to legal action.
§2b: Trade of In-Game Properties
-Fraudis not allowed and will be punished.
-Pesteringthe staff for items, money, or other "assistance" can and will bepunished.
-Itemslost due to fraud cannot be returned.
-Itsforbidden to offer and sell items for real money and moonstones. Offers will result in a warn.Repeat offenderwill be punished with a temporary ban.
Actions whose sole intentionis to ruin the game for others are also not permitted or welcome here.
The Action of deliberatelystopping low level reppers is a punishable offence, but only where ahigher level player or group of players actively seeks out or continuouslyfollows for the purpose of killing whilst the lower level player is engaged inkilling mobs. And for this purpose the GM team would need either dated andtimes screen shots of three or more kills within the mob area or fraps showingthe same information in order to act upon a complaint.
These actions will be treatedas Harassment.
§3: In-game Chat
The official language on4story.uk's servers, forum-boards, ticket system and IRC channel isEnglish.
--Conversations in the /all, /n, and /g channels must be conducted in English.
-Mind your language. Vulgarand defamatory terms are punishable by chatbans.
-Donot spam. Spamming includes repeatingthe same or similar messages, as well as overtly long or nonsensical"gibberish" messages.
-Postinglinks not affiliated with 4story, or advertisements for other websites orgames, is strictly forbidden.
-Postinglinks or information about cheats, hacks, bots, or similar materials isforbidden and will be punished.
§4: Bug Abuse
-Playerswho find bugs are advised to report these bugs directly to the GM Team, eitherby ticket, IRC or a post on the boards.
-Playerswho take advantage of a bug are risking an account ban.
-Enteringan off-limits or inaccessible area is strictly forbidden.
§5: Cheating, Scripting and Client Manipulation
-Manipulationof the 4Story client in unauthorized ways is prohibited. Players using thirdparty software not publishedby GameForge4D GmbH face account deletion.
-Usingsoftware to provide unorthodox control over the game (macros, Logitech G-serieskeyboards, Razer programmable mice, or the like) is prohibited and will resultin a permanent ban.
§5a: AFK-Leveling and "Botting"
-Levelingwhile not actively involved in playing is considered cheating and will bepunished accordingly. This includes afk-leveling with an Evocator's summons.
§5b: Multiboxing or Dual-Clienting
-Runningmultiple instances of the 4Story client on the same computer is forbidden.
-Anyplayer found doing so will be permanently banned.
Theexception is players who possess or have access to more than one computer withthe 4Story client installed, but physical proof (in the form of an undoctoredphotograph with both computers running 4story side-by-side) is required tovalidate the claim. Claims left unvalidated willbe treated as dual-clienting and the owner will be permanently banned.
§6: Account Credentials
-Keepyour login information a secret. Sharing accounts is notpermitted, and theft from a shared account will not be refunded.
-Itis recommended that you choose a long, complex and secure password whencreating your 4Story credentials. Inaddition, we recommend you take advantage of the Account Manager, to change yourpassword from time to time, for optimal security.
-The4Story team will never need to ask for your password, nor will they ever askyou for it or any part of your credentials. If you are asked for your credentials by anyoneclaiming to be a member of the 4Story Game Team, screenshot the incident andreport it via ticket to the Game Team. The impostor will be punishedto the fullest extent of the law.
§6a: Exchange of Accounts
-Allaccount trades will have to be done through the Ticket system . Players will no longer be able to tradeprivately and doing so could lead to the account being banned.
-Accountscan only be traded once in any 30 day period, any exception to this rule willbe dealt with on an individual basis and will only be completed if there is a validreason not to wait the 30 days.
-AnyAccount trades are at players own risk with regards to issues caused by theprevious owner that are not traceable but the GM team. i.e. Payments issues
§7: Interacting with the Game Team
-Instructionsand decisions made by a 4story Team Member are to be respected and followedimmediately upon issuance.
-Donot attack GMs of the opposite faction unless they have already given theirconsent.
-Gamemastersare prohibited to give any player or players an unfair advantage over otherplayers. This includes:
--Giving away gold, items or levels
--Spying on the other faction
Do not ask them to do these things for you.
-Donot invite Game Masters into your guild or party, or attempt to add them toyour friends list.
-TeamMembers will ALWAYS have the following tags in front of their character names:
If someone claims to be a Team Member but does not have one of these tags,screenshot the incident immediately and report it via the ticket system. The impostor will be punished to the maximumextent of the law.
-Questionsor complaints about GM-enacted sanctions such as bans are to be discussed bythe ticket system or directly with the GM who issued said sanction.
--Public discussion of sanctions is forbidden and will result in an extensionof said sanction.
-Ifyou disagree with the punishment issued by a specific GM, contact a Game Teammember of the next higher rank. This could be an SGM, GA, TM or CoMa.
-Obey all GM instructions.Disobedience will result in exclusion from the event; depending on severity, itmay also result in a ban.
-Donot bother the Team members currently running the event.
-Submitprotests or complaints through the Ticket system. Airing them aloud during the event will resultin chatban for distraction; repeated offenses will result in a ban.
-Beggingfor prizes is strictly forbidden.
§9: Multiple Accounts
-Users are allowed to possess and run more than one account.
-Shoulda user be banned for an infraction on one account, the other accounts may bebanned as well depending on the severity of the infraction.
§10: Fan Sites
-Wewelcome players to create fansites of 4Story.uk, as these aid in advertisingthe game and lead to an increase in new members.
-Ifyou wish to create a fansite of 4Story.uk and use our graphics onsaid site, you must first ask the permission of one of our Community Managers.
-Makeall inquiries and official requests through the ticket system.
-Fansitesusing our graphics without our permission are considered in violation ofinternational copyright laws and will be prosecuted.
-Violations of the above rules, unless specially noted, will result in the following:
--Account bans, either temporary or permanent depending upon the severity ofthe infraction
-Attemptingto circumvent a punishment issued for an infraction will result in a 30-day banacross all owned accounts.
-No special considerations will be given for Premium Members. The law is the law, no matter how much youpaid.
§12: Procedure for objections to a ban
-If you want to object to a ban you have to contact the responsible teamler viaSupport System. You can find it here:http://support.4story.co.uk
-Please provide all required information so the case can be dealt correct.
-Ifyour objection is 30 days or older, we will be unable to process it.
The 4Story Team is allowed to issue punishments for infractions that are not defined in the above rules.
These rules are subject to change at any time without prior warning. It is advised that you check them often.
As always, 4Story and all other GameForge 4D GmbH games are subject to theT&C established by GameForge 4D GmbH.
Each User agrees with his/her registration to the following forum rules.
The 4Story.co.uk board Staff holds up the right to warn, censor and ban users if the Users do not obey to the rules. The rules do apply for forums posts and personal messages (PMs).
The whole forum is included in the Terms and Conditions of 4Story. Therefore German Laws apply on the whole forum. It also means that the 4story.co.uk owners are not responsible for any posted pictures or links which are copyrighted. The general language for this forum is English.
No other language is to beused anywhere on the forums.
To guarantee a relaxed atmosphere between all participants on the forum, some posting restrictions are needed.
§1 User Accounts
· Every User may register and use one account. Multiple registrations and usage of several accounts may lead to a banning of all accounts. In cases where two or more users are either usually, sometimes or on occasion sharing an IP address and have accounts on the board, board staff MUST be informed. Failure to do so may result in a permanent ban. Report any instances of IP sharing to the BA or a SMOD.
· In extreme cases which are defined on each case individually Users might be banned in game and from IRC as well. The same goes vice versa. The rules do apply for forums posts and personal messages (PMS).
§2 Board Behavior
To guarantee a relaxed atmosphere between all participants on the forum, some posting restrictions are needed.
· The Board language is English. No other language is to be used anywhere on the Forums.
· Posting content and links of pornographic, politically extremist, immoral and offensive material which may breach applicable laws are forbidden. It is also not allowed to post keys, hacks, cracks or other things of illegal nature, including illegal download pages and "warez". Discussion of such items will lead to an immediate warning. The announcement of contents which come under the law of data security or copyright as well as requests for posting something like that.
· Posting of any personal messages or discussions, without the consent of all involved partiesare forbidden.
· Posting of contents which do not belong to the topic/relevant forum (Spam/Off Topic) are undesired and may lead to a warning. An exception of this is the Spam board.Quoting more than 5 posts consecutively is seen as a quote pyramid and excessive quoting and will be warned as spam.This includes postings which only point outbreaches of the rules (Backseat Modding).This is up to the board team.'Bumping' old threads is also not allowed. Backseat Modding also include the casewhere a user posts as mod.
· Double posting results in a warning or in extreme cases in a direct ban. Posting twice within the allowable time to re-edit the original post shall be considered double posting.
· Spamming of emoticons (5 smilies per post) and images is not allowed due to the fact that it may freeze peoples’ computers. Images or postings which are side exceeding(means one has to scroll vertically or/and horizontally to read all) are not allowed.
· Contents, links,user Names etc. with the only aim to flame and insult other participants of the community are forbidden. Same goes for trolling: posts solely intended to annoyother people or incite flames.
· Contents of inappropriate language, swearing and cursing are not allowed (Profanity).
· Advertisementand linking to other games not owned by Gameforge, is not allowed on the whole forums. Links to games with the aim to count every visitor are not allowed. (This includes Gameforge games bite links)
· It's not allowed to post for banned people. If you do so, it results in a warning for you. The sharing of accounts with people who are banned from the board will also incur a ban for the account holder.
· Impersonation of a Staff member (Name, Avatar, Signature) may lead to a warning or in extremecases to a ban.
· Miss use of the report button is forbidden.
· Editing a post after a warning was given (this includes removing or editing the warning) is against the rule and can lead to a ban from the forums.
· Discussion of board/game bans or warnings is not permitted in the public forums, this may result in further bans or warnings. Please discuss these issues with theModerator/ Game Operator involved or their superior only.
· In extreme cases a user might be punished with a permanent ban on the board without having received warnings. Also a temporal ban may be adapted by evaluating the type of warnings given.
· Insulting,flaming, or publicly contradicting staff members is not allowed, this includes protest posts,& petitions to have staff members fired. Such will result in an immediate warning & possible ban. If you have a problem with any staffmember please follow the chain of command to complain or use the ticket system.
· Harassment of staff members, current or former for information's about users or staff is strictly forbidden. Also stalking + or any way of making a staff member feel uncomfortable (including sexually) is forbidden & upon severity can bewarned or banned.
· The posting of personal data about others is not allowed, this includes but is not limited to; real names, e-mail addresses, home addresses, IP-addresses, etc. Attempting toreveal (correctly or otherwise) staff member's player accounts is also not allowed
· Breaches of board rules via board pm can be warned or banned based upon severity
§4 ForumStaff and User Responsibilities
Each Forum participant has to bey to the Rules. If you feel warned unfairly, first contact the Mod who gave the warning. Then you may get in contact the SMOD. In extreme cases you have the right to talk to a Board Admin. The Board Admins’ word is final. The same applies if your Topic gets closed. Please do not open several threads on the same topic and try to use the search. Several warnings may lead to a ban from the Forum. Each case is looked at individually. Reregistering a second account after a time ban from the Forums leads to a permanent ban. In extreme cases a User can be banned without having warnings.
· Complains about SMODS go to a Board Administrator.
· Complains abouta Board Administrator go to another Board Administrator or the CommunityManager
· Please be aware that certain boards may have additional guidelines. Please check before posting.
· Board Rules may change at any time. It is the users' responsibility to keep up to date on them.
· Staff decisions will remain final unless corrected or reversed by the said staff member or the command structure.
The 4Story.co.uk Team as well as the GameForge Staff reserve the right to modify these rules any time it might be necessary.