ALLIS AND KHALLI STAY AWAY FROM MY THREAD

2 3
Created 109 days ago #1
CaptainMorgan
Level 140, Lapiris
Magician
Gor
A thread to dsicuss everything allis and khali hates:
Physics, drinks, how we hate/love this server, how crap the comas always r to us, how lazy gf/zemi is, engineering at any form, things ppl who steps outside their door speaks about, epic trolls, and most imortantly; memes!!

Thero, u r VIP for this thread to work, also add biz to that list and negi. Without u the forum would be dead.
Captain morgan requiers admins rights to this topic so he can remove any answers/replies from khali/allis. They r not welcommed to comment on anything just keeping it isy(but a bit dirty plz).

MAY HELL BREAK LOOSE
Created 109 days ago #2
Theroroth
Level 111, Lapiris
Warrior
Gor
Engineering, Drinks and Science in general...

Sounds like a winning combination to me!
Created 109 days ago #3
NegiHyuga
Level 140, Lapiris
Night Walker
Derion
lol
Created 109 days ago #4
CaptainMorgan
Level 140, Lapiris
Magician
Gor
Created 109 days ago #5
NegiHyuga
Level 140, Lapiris
Night Walker
Derion
Created 109 days ago #6
Biz
Level 129, Lapiris
Magician
Gor

Physics, drinks, how we hate/love this server, how crap the comas always r to us, how lazy gf/zemi is, engineering at any form, things ppl who steps outside their door speaks about, epic trolls, and most imortantly; memes!!

I don't know anything about physics, i only drink water and green tea, i neither love or hate this server i just distance myself to make brighter judgement, true about Lazemi, i only know electrical engineering, i rarely step outside it's so cold here, I am no trolls, and memes make people dumber.
Created 108 days ago #7
Theroroth
Level 111, Lapiris
Warrior
Gor
I suppose I'll start the ball rolling by asking you guys - recent news in rocketry includes the "humanity star" - basically a reflective disco ball sent into orbit basically for the reason ~because we can~ (https://www.thehumanitystar.com/)
and Elon Musk launching a 2008 tesla car towards Mars (again, because he can) - publicity stunts...

What are your opinions on these stupid stunts and should such things be controlled in the future?

#KesslerSyndromeIsPossible - and damn would it suck for future space endeavors. (Referring to the satellite)

P.S. - I'm aware the satellite has a limited lifespan with a decaying orbit, but that won't stop others from pushing for geostationary. Also apparently Musk's "experiment" messed up and there is a car headed towards the asteroid belt = no entry burn sterilization, I'm guessing it was probably not sterilized before the launch = future potential human caused panspermia? I think future scientists might really hate Musk for this stunt.

Now there is the argument that private industry could speed up our venture into space, but there's also the argument of contamination (in the case of Musk-like stunts) and, as one person pointed into Twitter, we could be looking up at advertisement constellations put up by large companies like Budweiser, destroying our night sky... Is this ok?

Discuss. #EMO_ALT_1#
Created 108 days ago #8
NegiHyuga
Level 140, Lapiris
Night Walker
Derion
I was educated as an Electrical Engineer, but I went into Computer Engineering related field because of the love for programming.

Engineering and Computer always fascinates me that is why I play virtual world like 4story and one another.

so Thero, do I need to read all about the humanity star, or could you give a summary what is it about? is it real thing or some made up fantasy site?

Regarding lon Musk launching a 2008 tesla car towards Mars, let him do it, maybe he will discover something great. I think our current technology is developing kind of slow we should have been already on full of flying cars by now. Humankind is capable of a lot more. we are still being amazed by Einstein and all those ancient people no one really changing the world now much. at least that is what it seems to me.

we should have been already in mainstream with virtual keyboard like this or better

but we are still clicking away with
Created 108 days ago #9
Theroroth
Level 111, Lapiris
Warrior
Gor
Negi the humanity star is a real thing. It's a disco-ball shaped mirror satellite that has no function other than to orbit the Earth following a polar orbit, reflecting light from the sun towards the earth.

From what I understand its orbit will decay within 9 months to the point it will enter the atmosphere and burn up. On the humanity star website, linked in my previous post, Peter Back gives some nonsense about how the humanity star could be used for us to reflect on our place in the universe or some nonsense like that.

Because we couldn't already do that by looking up at the same celestial body as all of our ancestors... Something like - the moon.

It has no function and because it has a quick (90 minute) polar orbit, it could VERY easily do damage to ground based telescope (optic and radio) measurements - all for the sake of ~"people can see it and reflect"...

Also, from what I am aware, the car Musk launched has no ability to explore - it's effectively the same as if I took any random car off the street and shot it into orbit - no findings can result of it... #EMO_ALT_2#

I agree that it would be nice to have some great findings, but if you are gonna send a satellite into orbit - even if it is for some philosophical reason to make people ponder their existance or something, I don't think it should be inert - imagine that there are thousands of scientists out there that wish they could put a satellite up to enhance their experiments - why couldn't this disco ball have contained some small experiment by such a group? #EMO_ALT_3#

Also - I'm going to retract my previous complaint about potential contamination - I'm not sure about shielding etc. that the car may have, or if it will be irradiated en-route... I need to look into this further it seems...
Created 108 days ago #10
NegiHyuga
Level 140, Lapiris
Night Walker
Derion

why couldn't this disco ball have contained some small experiment by such a group? #EMO_ALT_4#

True.

thanks for the info on the humanity star..

I am sure action done by Musk will gain publicity and some other great mind will ponder and attempt something better if not Musk himself. One action of one person might create action by another for something better. Normally that is what happens.
2 3
Login Already registered?
Register No account yet?

By logging I accept the T&Cs.

It's easy to register and it's free.

Simply enter your email address and you can get started straight away!

Your temporary password will be sent to your given address.

Our terms of use and the privacy policy apply in-game.