THE FUTURE.

2 3
Created 123 days ago #1
1WhiteShadow
Level 71, Lapiris
Magician
Derion
Mainly i'm just wondering if any real effort to restore the game will be done, playerbase has dropped dramatically in the past years, and new players won't want to play a game that's empty. And as a US player who has poured over eight years into the game (even restarting after missing the account merger deadline) I would honestly rather not have all my work go up in smoke seeing the servers follow Zemi and shut down. I honestly just want to know if something, anything even, is being done, new content or a new patch or someone even fixing the stupid MS surveys.
Created 123 days ago #2
CaptainMorgan
Level 140, Lapiris
Magician
Gor
Lick on ur index-finger's tipn point it into the air, which direction is the wind blowing today?

-GameForge
Created 123 days ago #3
Theroroth
Level 111, Lapiris
Warrior
Gor
I think it needs to be pointed out that there have been dozens of threads specifically geared towards discussing the issue of how to "fix" this game. This is not a snap that this thread shouldn't be started - it's just to highlight that this is not a simple issue - even us players, we haven't come up with a coherent realistic silver bullet for the problems this server faces.

Part of the reason that so many topics exist and we make little progress towards a realistic solution (which CAN be player driven - I keep having to point this out) is that when an issue is brought up, the discussion devolves towards listing every complaint that has previously been made and eventually an argument between people for some reason or another.

Issue: not enough players - eventually will move towards other issues like competence level, "will another update ever happen?", "does GameForge listen to the playerbase?", hard to level to 140 etc. as an example.

I'm not saying that such issues are irrelevant, but the definition of insanity I have often heard is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results. So, instead of us repeating ourselves again and again, why not structure our thoughts as a community on these topics - create ONE single thread per issue and have a single thread with links as a master-list to them all. Tackle each component individually and pragmatically.

If anyone from GameForge was to investigate a given issue from the perspective of the players, do you really think they should have to trawl through 90% of the forum's threads? And if they've seen something previously, repeated in multiple old threads - does it make sense to follow up on new repetitive threads? There may be a reason to the lack of the responses people - as Sirs herself said:

Of course it might look like he is always giving the same answers, but this just happens because there is nothing else/new to say.
If you keep pushing the same topics again and again, and there are no news yet, of course it looks like Rock is only repeating himself.

A better approach is to have a single aggregated thread where the CoMa can see content and know well that he won't see the same things repeated, or become lost trying to follow multiple different arguments in the same thread. Make it easy to do and you'll likely see something done!

Also, in before the comments about backing up GameForge etc. - I'm just pointing out that things are a mess on these forums. Yes - discuss the problems, but if we keep things clear and easy to follow, I guarantee you will see better communication.
Created 123 days ago #4
Khalil
SUPER MODERATOR

if you like, I can create a thread that is locked and for me to update only which is visible to everyone as the list of request from the player base for CoMa to see and send to gameforge. you may ask me in any of the discussion to add the item to the request list. please provide me an agreement/response if the player base want me to do this, so I can create a new thread of unified request that I can copy paste. 

4_story_main.jpg

"Whoa...   Did I do that?"   hmm..  let me check.. ..  it must be a bug..
Forum & Game Rules

Created 123 days ago #5
Theroroth
Level 111, Lapiris
Warrior
Gor
Hey Khalil, that might be along the idea - if you could create a pinned thread of "player generated ideas", which could simply be a list of links redirecting single corresponding threads for each idea/complaint - would be great to get a bit of organization going! Thanks man! We could request in each relevant thread to be added to that list then. (restricted to one per given complaint of course) #EMO_ALT_1#
Created 123 days ago #6
Khalil
SUPER MODERATOR

Here is a thread our own GA created. She have great wisdom in there for each of us when discussing things. I can add to the end of this thread all the current request the community points out. 

4_story_main.jpg

Forum & Game Rules

Created 108 days ago #7
1WhiteShadow
Level 71, Lapiris
Magician
Derion
I am also in support of a locked forum post addressing issues and ideas as well as updates. I wasn't trying to stir up any problems with my post. I'm just worried about a game I love is all.
Created 108 days ago #8
Khalil
SUPER MODERATOR

I am just waiting on the player base to give me stuff to post into a locked form post. You may say something like "MOD Please post": then the suggestion. We will go from there and see if anyone have objection or correction on the wording. etc. We will take it case by case.

~kind regards.
Khalil

4_story_main.jpg

Forum & Game Rules

Created 108 days ago #9
CaptainMorgan
Level 140, Lapiris
Magician
Gor
Khali, here's my suggestion, if you could have made a pinned thread on top of the forum at all times, where we as players can post under, but i will have to go through you to get posted (like you look over it and makes sure its not spam etc) with a vote pole under with the like how benefitial/good/constructive etc etc is this post with ranking from 1-10 where as 1 is verry little, it can wait, and 10 is being extremely important must be pushed through as fast as possible!.

That way the GF team (add lazy folks there, *cough* who wrote that?) Can easy look at the post, see what the players are suggesting and how its rated at when to focus on it.
I think that is what the forum/gf is missing, this would make it really easy to get a nice overview of the situation. And to prosses/avoid repeating for both us amd gameforge.

Also maybe make like a commenting section under each post so gf can answer about the situation and ask players for more help adressing to the post subject!

-not raging M
Created 108 days ago #10
Khalil
SUPER MODERATOR

I am not sure if I can create a poll page here. Also people (like you know who) tend to get carried away with post and will become just another forum post if I let everyone post what they want. The purpose was to have a one unified post for CoMa to see what all the issues and suggestions are without all the complains and flaming of all the people. 

4_story_main.jpg

Forum & Game Rules

2 3
Login Already registered?
Register No account yet?

By logging I accept the T&Cs.

It's easy to register and it's free.

Simply enter your email address and you can get started straight away!

Your temporary password will be sent to your given address.

Our terms of use and the privacy policy apply in-game.