4STORY GLOBAL CLOSING

Created 342 days ago #1
Pinky
COMMUNITY MANAGER

Dear Players,

As many of you read today, 4Story Global announced the termination of their services at the end of December. This came as surprising for us as it did for you, as we did not receive this information beforehand.

These are sad news, but what we can say right now: It’s not Gameforge’s intention to close the service for our territories.

We’re sorry for the trouble this announcement caused. We really would have preferred to inform you by ourselves about this development of 4Story Global.

Your 4Story Team

Created 342 days ago #2
Theroroth
Level 109, Lapiris
Warrior
Gor
What does this mean with regards to maintenances such as bug reporting, patching etc?

Does this mean they are cancelling support to licencees also?

And does this open the door to GameForge modifying packages, adding custom assets etc.? Or - leave the game as-is permanently??
Created 342 days ago #3
Biz
Level 129, Lapiris
Magician
Gor
You say you didn't know or didn't foreseen it ? Many ppl including myself saw it coming from miles away with the closing of the Korean server, and seeing how low the population was, with strong rumor being held for 1 year now.
Created 341 days ago #4
NegiHyuga
Level 140, Lapiris
Night Walker
Derion
I also say the writing on the wall. but was keeping my hopes up that they will do something. But they probably realize that they have done so much damage that cannot be reversed and not worth the investment they put in. Also, when I saw that they are giving +27 set items, it was about to close or go though a massive change.

it is sad that they had to close. Even all the area did not open yet.

What does this mean with regards to maintenances such as bug reporting, patching etc?

Does this mean they are cancelling support to licencees also?

And does this open the door to GameForge modifying packages, adding custom assets etc.? Or - leave the game as-is permanently??

I guess gameforge have some talking to do before we get these answers.
Created 341 days ago #5
iFlame
Level 140, Lapiris
Archer
Gor
I have to agree with biz.. I always had a feeling global wasn't gonna make it through the year.. Not just because of the low population, but also due to the fact they had no servers to merge together.
Just keep that 28 gear and 60000 baubles away from our servers xd Also i'm quite interested in what this means for official. Will you guys finally be able to venture in own directions and listen to us? Or will they still have the same one guy working on the game?
Created 341 days ago #6
NegiHyuga
Level 140, Lapiris
Night Walker
Derion
remember, only the global server is closing. Zemi as a company is not closing. so, gameforge could be bound to contract and I am sure Zemi want that free money coming in to them. #EMO_ALT_1#

the catch is how they going to do the updates. are they going to have a dedicated staff for gameforge to make changes? or there is no more changes and just the ownership only.

-- just my thought
Created 341 days ago #7
CaptainMorgan
Level 140, Lapiris
Magician
Gor
I dont care about thwir global srrver as long as the epic 4story mobilegame is still getting updated from time to time, i mean, BEST INVESTMENT ZEMI EVER DID!

And for @flame; zemi will probs still have to do all the work, but since GF is the only official publisher now, GF should be having more to say.
And to solve all this bs, GF and zemi should get someone of the Zemi team to check the GF forums for ideas cuz GF is either poop at telling or at explaining/making em self clear with their suggestions.
If we got a complaint about something the answer is still gonna be "zemi have to do that".

And tbh, closing of global isnt good for us either, GF now has a monopoly of the lfficial publishing of the game. Which mwith other words mean they gonna do the same here as with Tera; more pay to win/ pay for end game. Thats the no.1 reason why the NA tera servers (bot being run by GF) has such a high amount % of european players. Who on earth wanna pay for lvl 60-65 when u can get it for free with just an addition of 50-60ping? (Ping matters a lot in tera).
So yeah everyone here should be seeing where this is going. I bet withing 2 years the prices for ms for example is increased, if new comps (c68 like in bg) get dropped its probs gonna be requiered to spend some sorta new ms item to craft them. Imagine Gor c38 pvp gear when they first got dropped mates.

So in the end, do we finally have gotten a new coma( #EMO_ALT_3# ) or is rock, sadly, only on vacation again? ( #EMO_ALT_2# )
Created 341 days ago #8
LazyBuffs
Level 85, Lapiris
Priest
Gor

I dont care about thwir global srrver as long as the epic 4story mobilegame is still getting updated from time to time, i mean, BEST INVESTMENT ZEMI EVER DID!

And for @flame; zemi will probs still have to do all the work, but since GF is the only official publisher now, GF should be having more to say.
And to solve all this bs, GF and zemi should get someone of the Zemi team to check the GF forums for ideas cuz GF is either poop at telling or at explaining/making em self clear with their suggestions.
If we got a complaint about something the answer is still gonna be "zemi have to do that".

And tbh, closing of global isnt good for us either, GF now has a monopoly of the lfficial publishing of the game. Which mwith other words mean they gonna do the same here as with Tera; more pay to win/ pay for end game. Thats the no.1 reason why the NA tera servers (bot being run by GF) has such a high amount % of european players. Who on earth wanna pay for lvl 60-65 when u can get it for free with just an addition of 50-60ping? (Ping matters a lot in tera).
So yeah everyone here should be seeing where this is going. I bet withing 2 years the prices for ms for example is increased, if new comps (c68 like in bg) get dropped its probs gonna be requiered to spend some sorta new ms item to craft them. Imagine Gor c38 pvp gear when they first got dropped mates.

So in the end, do we finally have gotten a new coma( #EMO_ALT_5# ) or is rock, sadly, only on vacation again? ( #EMO_ALT_4# )

Quite true, the wargaming guys have people from the makers of wows (Lesta Studios) all over their forums for these purposes

Created 28 days ago #9
PrinceofNights
Level 71, Lapiris
Night Walker
Valorian
that's sucks
Login Already registered?
Register No account yet?

By logging I accept the T&Cs.

It's easy to register and it's free.

Simply enter your email address and you can get started straight away!

Your temporary password will be sent to your given address.

Our terms of use and the privacy policy apply in-game.